Abandoned and Unwanted Vehicles
If you think a vehicle is abandoned you should report it to the council with the following information:-
- Length of time the vehicle has been there
- Exact location of the vehicle e.g. Outside No. 45 James Street, Kimberley
- Colour, make and model of vehicle e.g. Red Ford Mondeo Saloon
- Registration number of vehicle e.g. D321 ABC
- Any information about the possible owner/driver
- Does it have a current tax disc
- Has the vehicle sustained any damage to it etc.
- Are there any liquids escaping from it.
Reporting Abandoned Vehicles
You can now report this online.
All reports of abandoned vehicles are inspected within 1 working day and the appropriate action taken.
Vehicles deemed as abandoned will have a 24 hour or 7 day notice put on them.
The day after the notice has expired the vehicle will be removed and destroyed. Vehicles in good condition may be stored whilst further efforts are made to trace the owner. To release the vehicle the owner must pay a fee to cover the costs for removal and storage. The Council will not be responsible for any possessions that are left in the vehicle.
Vehicle Amnesty Scheme
If you have an unwanted vehicle (not commercial or caravan), we will remove it free of charge if you are the registered owner of the vehicle and live in the Borough of Broxtowe.
If you would like to use this service please print a copy of the form or contact us and we will post one to you. Once the form has been filled in send it with your vehicle registration document and make sure the vehicle is accessible and remove any valuables from the vehicle. Once we have received both forms back we will collect the car normally within 2-3 working days and will contact you to arrange a suitable time to remove the vehicle.