One of five priorities in the Housing Strategy 2015 - 2020 is: 'Developing homes to meet the needs of our residents'.
Broxtowe Borough Council works with partners to build new affordable homes, both for council ownership and for registered providers. In partnership with NCHA (Nottingham Community Housing Association) we have successfully secured funding from the Homes and Communities Agency for the Affordable Homes Programme 2015 -2018.
Through the Housing Strategy we have committed that by 2020 we will:
- Review all garage sites to assess need and suitability for use as residential land
- Continue to work with registered providers to increase the supply of affordable housing with the borough
- Work with developers to ensure that housing provided meets the requirements of the area
- Implement a system of regular reviews of housing need
- Research the demand and need for a retirement village
- Proactively implement initiatives to prevent discrimination and ensure equality of access to housing services